Friday, February 08, 2013

HAPPYHAPPY NEWS

So about 3 months ago, I applied to this program called the United States Senate Youth Program. I clammed myself up in my room and worked on my application for hours like a maniac. After pouring my soul into the thing, I wanted to cry because I thought that it was just so mediocre. 

I mailed it in.
November came and went.
December rolled around. 

Only two students are accepted from each state and the other delegate from Michigan had already been notified, so by that point, I fully expected to not get in. Therefore, you can imagine how absolutely shocked I was when, just before New Year's Eve, I got a call from a lady in Virginia telling me that I had gotten in and would receive the $5000 scholarship. Again, I wanted to cry. I couldn't stop blubbering "thank you," which were about the only coherent words I could form at that point. I was an absolute mess and literally couldn't stop smiling/awkwardly-trying-to-not-tear-up long enough to utter a sentence. :)

Afterwords, I was added to the Facebook group for all the kids who got accepted into the 2013 program and ohmyholycow I swear they're some of the most fabulous people that I've ever met. Seriously. 

My travel packet arrived yesterday and it finally started to settle in that holy shit I'm actually going to this.


Also, YAY FOR SNOW DAY! I thought I was going to have to sacrifice another child name to the snow gods ("Baking" this time, since I already promised "Frying" as the name of my seventh son).

There's nothing better than looking outside to see that it's finally snowing. :D
The blurry flecks are actually drifts of snow coming downdowndown.

No comments:

Post a Comment